Visual Studio 2013 Countdown
It’s quite amazing to see people everywhere talking about the launch of visual studio 2013. We thought, even we should also get the feel of the new version. First thing, which I noticed, was the countdown running at Visual Studio 2013 Countdown.
The information which we share here is assembled from different resources like Visual Studio story
Visual Studio 2013 is designed to target the growing needs of the market. Nowadays, Market requirements says,
- Target Multiple screens and devices.
- Data Availability.
- Services Availability.
Visual Studio 2013 provides,
- Innovative features for greater developer productivity.
- Productivity features such as automatic bracket completion, the ability to move code lines or blocks using keyboard shortcuts, and in-line navigation.
- New Peek Definition feature to view a definition in an inline view in code file.
- CodeLens (Code Information Indicators) shows information such as changesets, last person to edit the method, unit tests and what code references exists. And more…
- Support for Windows 8.1 app development.
- Coded UI test support for XAML apps.
- UI Responsiveness Analyzer and Energy Consumption profiler for XAML & HTML apps.
- Enhanced memory profiling tools for HTML apps.
- Windows Azure Mobile Services.
- Web development advances.
- One ASP.NET vision unifies ASP.NET WebForms, MVC or Web API.
- Browser Link connects Visual Studio to one or more open modern browsers to keep markup changes in sync without manually refreshing every time.
- Debugging and optimization improvements for native and managed code.
- Performance and Diagnostics hub unifies various tools.
- Memory Dump Analyzer diagnose memory leaks and inefficient memory usage issues.
- PGO (Profile Guided Optimization) uses profile data to identify the hotter and colder paths.
- Expanded ALM capabilities.
- Agile portfolio management.
- Team rooms for team collaboration.
- Web-based code comments on changesets/commits.
- Web-based test case management through web interface.
- Work Item Charting to visualize data.
These are very high level points about visual studio 2013. If you want to read about them in detail,visit the link provided above.