I thought of sharing few articles on IIS so when I started my mission, I realized that there should be some basic tasks related to IIS which needs to be done by the user before diving deep into IIS, So here is the first pre-article.
Check whether IIS is installed or not?
- Go to Start->Run type inetmgr and press OK
- Check, if this screen appears.
Second way to check.
- Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features > and look for IIS in the list of installed components.
Third way to check.
- Go to Run->Services.msc and enter
- check for the IIS ADMIN service in this services window.
If any of these options doesn’t show the desired screen , Either IIS is not enabled or installed or corrupted.
How can IIS be turned ON?
- Control Panel > Programs and Features > Turn Windows Features On or Off > Check IIS box.
Installation of IIS:
IIS is tightly coupled to operating system on which it is going to run for ex:
5.0 Built-in component of Windows 2000. Windows 2000
5.1 Built-in component of Windows XP Professional. Windows XP Professional
6.0 Built-in component of Windows Server 2003. WIndows Server 2003
7.0 Built-in component of Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008. Windows Vista and WIndows Server 2008
7.5 Built-in component of Windows Server 2008 R2/ Windows7 [Not basic edition]
So, our headache is over, there is no need to install IIS as it comes with IIS pre-installed, we just have to turn it ON.
Thanks Guys! Wait for the IIS article.